Having difficulty to polar align, especially in Southern Hemisphere? We have a solution: SkyGuider Pro with built-in iPolar!
The SkyGuiderTM Pro -- iOptron’s next generation camera tracking device! Leading the camera tracker market for nearly four years, iOptron's SkyGuider Pro pushes closer to perfection.
The redesigned SkyGuiderrTM Pro mount head is more compact, small enough to fit on your palm, better precision, silent tracking, built-in rechargeable power source, ST-4 guiding port and camera trigger port. The DEC mounting bracket allows you to balance a heavy camera and/or lens better, or even mount a light telescope.
This mount has an integrated electronic polar finder scope known as the iPolar. This tool ensures the accurate alignment of a telescope, even when the pole star is obscured. There are large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system; these large levers make it easy to snap the gears into place.
The SkyGuiderTM Pro features four tracking rates, 1X or sidereal, 1/2X for sky and landscape combined, solar and lunar. All 4 tracking rates work in both northern and southern hemispheres. We have also added a quick slew mode with both forward and reverse to help quickly reframing your image without disrupting the cameras position.
We have made big improvements on the SkyGuiderTM Pro’s removable alt-azimuth base, which features a precision bubble level, degree markings for the altitude and a built in post for the azimuth control. You can also mount the SkyGuiderTM Pro head (without the base) directly to any standard photographic tripod with 1/4” or 3/8” threads.
The DEC mounting bracket package, which includes DEC mounting bracket, counterweight shaft, counterweight and Vixen-type dovetail saddle, makes the SkyGuideTM Pro mount suitable for a heavier camera/lens system, even a lightweight telescope.
The SkyGuiderTM Pro is certainly a must have tool for any photographer interested in astroscape or wide field astrophotography.
- All metal mechanical structure
- Attaches to a camera tripod with 3/8” or 1/4” threads
- Payload 5kg (balanced, with DEC mounting bracket, exclude CW)
- Silent tracking for smooth camera motion, perfect for long-term exposures
- Detachable alt-azi base with fine latitude and azimuth adjusters for easy polar alignment
- Includes iOptron iPolarTM electronic polar scope
- 4 tracking speed (1X, 1/2X, solar and lunar). 1X celestial tracking for imaging the sky and stars; 1/2X tracking speed for imaging both the starry night and the landscapes at the same time
- Operation in both northern and southern hemisphere
- Quick slew (144X) for camera framing adjustment
- Built-in rechargeable battery for up to 20 hours of operation (20°C)
- Built-in ST-4 autoguiding port
- HBX port for external hand controller
- Micro USB port for power, charging and firmware upgrade
- Built-in shutter triggering port
- Padded carry bag included
- DEC mounting bracket
- Counterweight and CW shaft
- Vixen dovetail saddle for scope mounting
- Optional Astronz ball head available separately
- Optional Asronz Professional Triopod
- Optional Go2Nova® 8408 hand controller (#8408)