We have put together a package featured the new Astronz 8" Classic Cassegrain Telescope paired with the excellent iOptron AZ Mount Pro. Combined with wide angle eyepieces and a 2" Quartz diagonal you will get a sharp clear view of celestial objects.
A classic cassegrain telescope with a long focal length and with outstanding optical quality. It will provide a sharp image making it Ideal for both visual observing and astrophotography,
Cassegrain telescopes combine the benefits of a Newtonian telescope being a pure reflective system with a short-built design. In terms of optical quality Cassegrain telescopes are superior to customary Schmidt-Cassegrain systems.
- Large corrected and illuminated image field due to parabolic primary and hyperbolic secondary mirror with less field curvature than with SC telescopes.
- Pure reflection system without Schmidt plate, as a result even Infrared photography becomes possible at full sharpness.
- Significantly quicker temperature adaption than a SC, due to open design.
- Brighter image due to 99% dielectric coating on primary and secondary mirror.
- No shifting, because the primary mirror is fixed
- High-quality 2" Crayford focuser with micro-gear reduction and compression rings for 2" and 1.25" accessories
- 33% obstruction caused by secondary mirror, comparable to SC telescopes.
- Better sharpness on the optical axis due to precise mirror surfaces and the lack of a Schmidt plate
- Less problems from dew: with Schmidt-Cassegrains you get condensation on the front plate, not with a Cassegrain
- Interior baffles for even higher contrast
- Generous backfocus allowing the use of 2" accessories and cameras
- Compact tube with only 580 mm length - can be operated with smaller mounts
- Primary and secondary mirror are adjustable
We call it "level and go", the term used to describe iOptron new AZ Mount Pro's simple set up routing. Using its built-in precision level indicator, the operator simply levels the mount and turns on the power; this capable computerized alt-azimuth telescope mount takes it from there. Utilizing the on board 32 channel GPS receiver and built-in position and angular detection sensors; the AZ mount Pro calculates its global position as well as the telescope orientation. Automatically the mount slews the instrument to an easily identifiable bright object in the night sky. The user need only confirm a bright object is in the center of the view, to activate tracking and GOTO functionality.
The mount features a rechargable battery giving you portability without haveing to take a power supply. On board wi-fi enables control from your phone, tablet or computer. Its quiet and accurate tracking make it a please to use.
- 2" 26mm SWA 70° eyepeice
- 15mm Superview 70° eyepiece
- 2" Quartz Diagonal
- 2" 10:1 Linear Bearing Focuser focuser with self-centering adaptor for 1.25" eyepieces
- 8x50 finder
- 1x 50mm and 2 x 25mm Extension Tubes
You save over $315 compared to the individual item prices.